I’ve been hankering after rice pudding for a couple of weeks, and finally got myself into gear and made it. Or should I say, got out the slow cooker, set up the ingredients, set the timer and looked forward to waking up to beautifully cooked rice pudding this morning for brekky.
Wrong!! I forgot to change the time on the timer- oops, so rice pudding for lunch!
Served in my brand new Christmas Harry Potter bowl, was truly magical.
Four portions- as pictured 3 syns, plain 0.5
- 125 g rice pudding grains,
- 1 litre unsweetened almond milk- 500 ml is he B choice.
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 2 tbspn sweetener- 1
- 2 tspn sweet freedom natural sweetener syrup- 1
Place everything in the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours, stir after 2 hours.
Or oven bake
Everything in an oven proof dish, 160° for 2 hours.
- Handful of defrosted winter berries
- 10g dark chocolate chips- 1.5
- Aldi raspberry dessert sauce- 1 (2 tspn, it’s 1.5 for table spoon)
I’ve also tried (not at the same time);
- Chocolate dessert sauce- 1.5 per tbsp
- Jam- 1 per tspn
- Honey- 1 per tspn
What’s your favourite?