Simple yet utterly delicious, served with toast for added yum
Syn free, suitable for an SP day, make about 6 portions
- Medium gammon joint, I prefer unsmoked
- 1 bag frozen pea, basic range suitable
- 2 Leek
- 1 onion
- 1 veg stock
- 1 tbspn mint sauce- 0.5 syns (negligible per portion)
- 1 tspn dried mint
- 1 tspn mixed herbs
- Pepper to taste
- To remove some of the saltiness from the gammon, place in pan, cover in water and boil for a couple of mins, repeat 2 more times.
- In the meantime dice leek and onion, soften in fry light, add to the base of the slow cooker
- Add gammon to slow cooker
- Pre bag of frozen peas over the gammon
- Add herbs and mint
- Crumble stock cube and cover everything in the sc (slow cooker) with water.
- Turn sc on and leave for 6+ hours, I often leave overnight.
- The gammon will start to fall apart, use a potato masher until the combined similar to picture