These are gluten, dairy and egg free but certainly not taste free!
The recipe I used came from twochubbycubs website under peppermint meringues, I have tweaked.
I made about 100 sweets varying in sizes
Larger ones 3 = 0.5 syns
Small ones 4 = 0.5 syns
I would use less sugar next time- will change the syn value, highly recommend an electric whisk
Preheat oven to 100°
– Drain 1 tin of chickpeas, add the water to a large mixing bowl.
– 6 tablespoons of caster sugar, 18 syns
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– couple drops of strawberry essence
– couple drops of vanilla essence
– pinch of salt
– baking paper
– baking sheets
Rainbow/ candy cane decoration
– Gel food colouring
– Piping bag & nozzle
– pint glass
– add; 3 tbsp sugar, the essence, salt and lemon juice, to the chickpea water and mix until foamy.
– add the rest of the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form and the mixtures is stiff (able to hold bowl over your head)
– Place piping bag in the glass nozzle down so you can use the skewer to paint the colours inside the bag.
– scoop the meringue into the bag and pipe sweet size meringues into the baking sheet (covered in baking paper), I’m not a natural piper- it was messy!
– bake for 1 hour at 100° then leave in the oven to cool – if possible.
I had 3 baking sheets at once, one raised from the oven bottom as only 2 shelves.