Who doesn’t enjoy a good fakeaway?
Serves 2, one syn, prep time- 5 mins, cooking time- 8 mins
I served with rice with 1/2 Knorr chicken stock cube in the water.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Squirt of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cornflour- 1 syn
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 ginger powder
- 350g beef -cut into strips. I used leftover roast beef- 3 thick slices
- fry light/low cal spray
- 1/2 tsp garlic prefer (or more if prefer)
- Large pinch chilli flakes 2
- Large pinch chinese 5 spice
- 1/2 red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 green pepper cut into strips
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Mix together soya sauce, corn flour, balsamic vinegar, ginger, lemon juice, water in a bowl big enough to fit the beef in.
- Add the beef and ensure it is all coated in the marinade. Put it in the fridge or a cool place covered for 30 mins- if time.
- Spray a wok with your low cal spray and add the garlic, chilli, chinese 5 spice and cook for a minute.
- Add in the beef and stir fry together for about 4 minutes until the meat is browned but not cooked through.
- *note, I used cooked beef, so added the liquid from the marinade and stir fried the veg.
- Remove the beef and keep it warm but leave in the marinade.*
*note, I used cooked beef, so added the liquid from the marinade and stir fried the veg
- In the same wok, add the peppers and stir fry for 3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Then add the beef back with any bits of marinade and stir fry together.