Syns: 0.5 per portion, serves 4
- 250g beef mince, 5% fat
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 5 closed cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- 4 small carrots, sliced
- Green beans, topped and tailed
- Sugarsnap peas
- Potatoes (I used about 6 white potatoes)
- 2 tspn bisto best (gf)- 2 Syns
- 1 beef stock made up with 200ml hot water
- Glug of balsamic vinegar
- Glug of Worcester sauce (gf)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 2 tspn parsley
- 1/2 tspn ground pepper
- 1 tspn mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp quark- for the mash
- Fry lite
- Boil carrots until soft
- Peel and boil potatoes
- Fry onions using fry light until starting to colour, move to one side of the pan and add the mince and cook until no visible pink remains
- Drain the cooked carrots and place in the pan
- Add the bisto best granules, garlic powder, parsley and mix into the onion.
- Add in the glug of balsamic vinegar, Worcester sauce and tomato puree, stir in.
- Place the peppers and mushrooms into the pan and stir until veg is covered in the juices and cooked.
- Pour in the stock and reduce until sauce thickens.
- By this point, the potatoes should be soft, drain add quark and mash until creamy.
- Split the meat into 4 portions, I used two for tea in an oven proof dish, and two for freezer (for a later date).
- Add the potato to the meat, score with a fork and cook on 190° for 30 mins
- Serve with pan fried green beans, sugar snap peas and wilted spinach